Sunday, July 19, 2009

Durga Suktam by Dr.Karaikudi.S.Subramanian(My Dad

This is my maiden step into this wonderful world of blogging:)I am a carnatic musician and i have been under the guidance of two wonderful Gurus Padmabhushan .Lalgudi .Sri.G.Jayaraman and my father Dr.Karaikudi.S.Subramanian.(a ninth generation veena vidwan).
I do sing quite a bit of non classical stuff.Am gonna bring out the music in me which has been dormant for almost four years now.:)Look out for Music Music and more Music here:)
My first post is my dad's rendition of the Durga Suktam which i feel is the most appropriate start for my musical journey..This one is so close to my heart.

Enjoy!



test | Online recorder

5 comments:

  1. Excellent voice..very clear..Please post more carnatic music/ashtakam..
    I would love to hear u sing as well..if possible include video too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesterday only i was playing durga suktham (by kss sir)to harina. now i m seeing ur blog. good coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. suddenly one fine day i felt i needed a forum for my music and started this.i felt appas surga suktam is THE best choice for this cos it is so close to all our hearts.
    nice to know harina listens to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good beginning to your blog Hamsi. Post more of your recordings ... recent ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Hasmi Raghuvir ,
    this is P.T.kumar, how r u hamsi, how is our brhaddhvani. after a long time i heard our sir's beautiful ever wondering dugka suktam. i enjoyed a lot. unfortunately i dont have sir's cds., what we recored at studio. can u sent for me?. my e mail id: kumar_pt2003@yahoo.com.

    thanks a lot

    with regards

    p.t.kumar

    ReplyDelete