Monday, July 20, 2009

Oh Raghuveera-Desh

This is the song my hubby fell for and wanted to take me as his better half:)I sang this song for him when he came to pick up his aunt from my dad’s research centre for Music(Brhaddhvani).His aunt asked me if i could sing a song since this guy likes music.I was preparing for my music practical exam and this was the one i was practicing at that point of time.I sang this immediately.I generally sing with my eyes closed.When i opened my eyes after the song was over i found them smiling at each other.i was wondering what the matter was.

After some giggling she told me that his name is Raghuvir:)

Thats it the rest is history:)

This was recorded seven years back.Am waiting for a good mic to start recording again.Until then will post some old recordings..

Enjoy!




Oh Raghuveeraa! | Online recorder

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful Wonderful voice! That is a fairy tale story indeed, I was on the other side of it though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi hamsi,

    very nice.

    ur voice flashed back to 1993. we really enjoyed the song
    "chinna chinna aasai" which u were singing at sankari's marriage function. i think ur voice hasnt changed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you very much.voice hasnt changed with a smiley hopefully is a compliment:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hamsa!!

    Brilliant... What a voice and singing! Amazing feel. Please record more songs and upload them. Y not ur singaravelanai deva also? if u can get the karaoke, or if u can get someone to play with u, wil be cool.
    Im going to do my bit of popularizing ur music blog:)

    Cheers,
    Divya Ramani

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much divya.i have listened to your azhage sugamaa soooooooo many times and lady you bring tears dear...too much i say.

    singara velane is in the line:)dunno where to get the karaoke ..it will sound empty without nayanam:)let me see what i can do..you should upload more of yours tooo.hope we also get to emet sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so lovely to hear your singing. Thank you very much for posting. It would be nice if you could include any English translations with your songs as they are so beautiful, I want to know what it's about!

    Peace
    Darren
    www.sangitasounds.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice rendition. wonderful hamsa. Truly soul soothing.

    Pls do post more.

    - vidhya govindan
    http://vidhyagovindan-athupandigai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hamsa ma'am, this song is one of mine and my father's favorite. Amazing voice culture and bhaavam. Not sure why you stopped singing/blogging. Waiting to hear more of your singing. Really thrilled to see you live in Bangalore too. We have music meets often and would love to have you in one our meets. Here is a link of one of our meets http://www.muziboo.com/bmm/ Please do sing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. dear hamsa...... amazing n amzing voice n feel... though i dont know u.... i am a student of brhhdwani n happen to meet ur father KSS sir..... pl continue n blessed r ur family for having a gem like u...god bless dear.

    ReplyDelete